The 2023 PNG Resources & Energy Investment Conference is on track to provide the platform yet again for dialogue for the country’s mineral resources & energy industries.
This will see Government, Industry, and stakeholders come together for a full four-days of discussions, and networking at the industry’s flagship event, organized by the PNG Chamber of Resources & Energy (PNGCORE).
PNG Prime Minister James Marape will be providing the keynote address, to set the tone for discussions, which are aimed at raising the profile of PNG as an ideal investment destination.
Through the theme “PNG Resources & Energy: Promoting Sustainable Investment” this year’s event will see the heads of the world’s leading resource & energy companies in attendance, to present on what their plans are for industry in PNG, whilst at the same time hear from Government on what innovations are being implemented to improve the investment experience in the country.
The Conference will feature over a hundred speakers from government and business sector from PNG and around the world. Well over 1500 delegates from the global minerals and energy industries and the investment sector from around the globe are expected to attend. Over 100 international and PNG companies have display booths in the exhibition.
Newmont CEO Tom Palmer, Santos CEO Kevin Gallagher, and Harmony Gold’s CEO Peter Steenkamp have confirmed to attend, and will provide an overview of their plans for PNG through their respective projects.
Anthony Smaré, President of PNG CORE – “with our country on the cusp of the next major wave of resource projects, we are delighted to have our global industry leaders use this event, as a platform to promote the work which they will be doing in our country. These are exciting times, and delegates to the conference will get firsthand information on what we can expect in this next wave.”
“Whilst there are challenges, the event provides the environment, and opportunity for fruitful discussions to take place, especially between Government, project operators, and relevant stakeholders.”
“As is custom at the Conference, there will also be bilateral investment meetings between these major investors and PM Marape and his team on parties can advance and expedite these project investments into PNG.”
The Conference is PNG’s major investment conference and is being held in Sydney at the Sydney International Convention Center to make it easier for international investors to attend the event. The Conference’s purpose is to promote and encourage investing into PNG to boost the economic growth of PNG, and create employment and business opportunities for Papua New Guineans.
Why is the conference expected to be so well attended?
Attendees will be coming from all over the world to the Conference to;
- Hear from an unprecedented array of CEOs of global mining and energy companies on how they are navigating current challenges and opportunities globally and how PNG continues to have an important place in their international portfolios;
- Hear how existing mineral and energy operations are successfully operating in PNG;
- Hear about the next wave of new mega-projects, expected to double PNG’s GDP in next 8 years;
- Hear from Exploration License holders on new exploration discoveries and insights;
- Learn how PNG is looking to the future with its investing of resource-benefits for non-mining growth;
- Hear from PNG companies on how they are planning to participate in the upcoming project – led economic boom; and finally;
- Have the unique opportunity of being able to meet all the most important decision-makers – financiers, investors, operators, suppliers, and stakeholders of PNG’s resource and energy sector in one place over 4 days.
More information on the PNG Resources & Energy Conference can be found at https://pngcore.org/png-investment-conference-2023/